[Samba] Trouble with 'NET ADS JOIN'

dulantha at wwsemail.shacknet.nu dulantha at wwsemail.shacknet.nu
Sun Oct 5 23:39:22 GMT 2003

> Also (but probably not in your particular case).  What version of
> Keberos are you running locally (MIT 1.3.1 is suggested, if possible, or
> a very recent Heimdal), and have you ever changed the password for
> 'admin' since the domain was created/upgraded to ADS?

I am running latest MIT 1.2.7-10 will now upgrade rebuild MIT kerberos 1.3.1
and Samba 3 from srpms.

> Are you using Samba-3.0.0?
   Yes I am running redhat 9. I built and installed the srpm for samba.
>         netbios name
         LINUX1
>         workgroup
         ADSDOM
>         realm
         ADSDOM.UNET.AUCKLAND.AC.NZ
>         password server
         this is the IP address of the dc1.adsdom.unet.auckland.ac.nz

> And what is the domain name of your Win2K3 server?
   dc1.adsdom.unet.auckland.ac.nz

> Where is the DNS server?
   DNS servers are the dc1.adsdom.unet.auckland.ac.nz and another domain
controller.