[Samba] Login Script Doesn't

Adam Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Fri Oct 3 13:08:20 GMT 2003

> I have a login script  called by login.bat. In win 2k and xp, he works
> fine (map drivers and sync time) but in win 9x machine he don't work. He
> start the dos windows show running the commands, tell me that map ans
> syc was ok but noting is shared and time isn't sync.
> I don't know what occour.

Are you sure you have CR/LF umulats in the login script (i.e. you
created it and saved if from an M$-DOS editor like edit or notepad)?

Also, the "net" commands are slightly different between 9x and NT.

We do something like -

@echo on
net time \\barbel /set /yes
if %OS%.==Windows_NT. goto WinNT
:Win95
net use e: \\sardine\pubapps
net use h: \\sardine\pubdata
net use g: \\sardine\kal_data
net use f: \\sardine\homedir
net use l: \\sardine\br_data
goto end
:WinNT
net use e: \\sardine\pubapps /persistent:no
net use h: \\sardine\pubdata /persistent:no
net use g: \\sardine\kal_data /persistent:no
net use f: \\sardine\homedir /persistent:no
net use l: \\sardine\br_data /persistent:no
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /n "\\barbel\kalps"
:end