[Samba] Starting from scratch - Samba 3 PDC instructions

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Sun Oct 26 15:01:26 GMT 2003

Hi, samba-users,

I recently upgraded my customerŽs servers to Samba 3.0.
Everything runs fine for a few days now and I want to do the next
steps.

It is a network with about 20 NT4-workstations and until now the
Samba-servers run in standalone-mode. Now I want to change over to a
NT-domain, with Samba as PDC.

My research has only found documents describing the migration from an
existing NT4-PDC, but I could not find a nice HOWTO for building a
domain using Samba-PDCs from start. I want to get all that user-stuff
right ....

Could anyone point me to something, I would really like to do it right
from the start. Correcting mistakes is always much more annoying than
avoiding them ;-)

thank you all,
Stefan G. Weichinger

mailto:monitor at oops.co.at