[Samba] Compile Problem with libs

Schwartz, William H SchwaWH at LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM
Fri Oct 24 22:35:29 GMT 2003

I'm trying to build samba 3 for Solaris 9 and I'm having trouble with the
libraries.

Everything seems to build fine but when I try to run one of the binaries I
get:

ld.so.1: /appl/samba/bin/net: fatal: liblber.so.2: open failed: No such file
or directory

If I add the path for my ldap and gcc libs to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
then I can run the commands and they seem fine but I can't figure out how to
build them so I don't have to set my environment variables up first.

I could probably just set these in my samba startup script but that won't
help for swat which runs from inetd.conf

I've tried messing with the --enable-shared and --enable-static flags for
the configure script but either I'm not setting those right or that's not my
problem.

thanks,

Bill