[Samba] Compile Problem with libs

Derek T. Yarnell derek at cs.umd.edu
Sun Oct 26 22:09:13 GMT 2003

You need to compile with LDFLAGS,

for example if your ldap libs are in /usr/local/openldap/lib you would
type the following, tcsh syntax,

setenv LDFLAGS "$LDFLAGS -R/usr/local/openldap/lib"

What this does is append "-R/usr/local/openldap/lib" to the LDFLAGS
environment variable. Then you need to recompile the whole samba source.

make distclean; ./configure --withyouroptions; make