[Samba] samba 2.27 as print server

Bryant, Phillip -AES Phillip.Bryant at itt.com
Thu Oct 23 16:43:28 GMT 2003

I'm running Samba 2.27 on RH8 system. I've got samba as the print
spooler for Windows XP clients and using winbind as the user validation
against my Win2K DC. Permissions on the spool directory are root root
with the sticky bit on. Clients can delete their own jobs from the que,
but the spool directory is not being expunged of print jobs and the last
job constantly displays in the client que window. I have not been able
to figure out how to resolve this as occasionally people freak out when
they see older jobs in the print que and wonder if it is stuck. For
whatever reason, the print process is unable to remove the print job
from the spool directory after it is sent to the lpd process for
printing.

Phillip M. Bryant
ITT Industries, Advanced Engineering and Sciences
Network Administrator
Albuquerque, NM 87120
Ph 505-889-7016
Cell 505-385-8668
MCSE 2000, NT 4.0
MCP+I

This email and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Industries, Inc. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT Industries accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.