[Samba] shared files not locked -> samba culprit or clients?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Oct 18 07:57:39 GMT 2003

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 12:47:55PM +0400, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:

> Unfortunately this patch doesn't solve all locking problems :-(
> As i wrote (I posted mail to samba-technical by mistake) I have locking
> problems with current CVS.

I don't know of any outstanding problems. I tried to reproduce
the problem you reported on Samba-technical and was unable to
do so (the two user opens of an Excel spreadsheet worked fine
for me). You didn't contact me with follow up information on
what your problem was.

Please don't allege general locking problems on the list without
trying to follow up with someone investigation your problem first.

Thanks,

	Jeremy.