[Samba] Re: higher ascii characaters in smbusers, success!

torge husfeldt torgehusfeldt at tiscali.de
Fri Oct 17 15:30:41 GMT 2003

Hi,
Am Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:19:26 -0400 hat Erik Soderquist
<esoderquist at mcstamp.com> geschrieben:

> Space is up front, first character, and I'm not permitted to change it
> :(
Too bad. Did you check the bugs section in the man page for your version
of smbmount, if this limitation still applies?
Maybe you can pass the password in the environment variable as suggested.

> These are my current versions. I don't know how to check the version of
> smbfs, but though it was part of the samba package.
Yes, you're right. My bad. In this context samba always seems to mean
client
and server. I had remembered otherwise, maybe incorrectly maybe efforts
have been joined since.

> # uname -a
> Linux mcitylinux 2.4.20-8smp #1 SMP Thu Mar 13 17:45:54 EST 2003 i686
> i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> # smbd -V
> Version 2.2.7a

[snip]