[Samba] Changing SWAT port or removing 2.2.7

Eric Geater 11/10/03 egeater at mscoinc.com
Mon Nov 17 22:07:40 GMT 2003

Some of you have already read about my newbie fortune with this Samba3
install.  Thanks to those who answered my original questions.

Now I have something which I know is probably academic, and perhaps
still newbie-related.  When I installed Samba3 on Friday, it took me a
little while to figure out that my names required adding a 3 to the end
(SWAT3, SAMBA3, TESTPARM3, et al).  I did not uninstall Samba 2.2.7, but
I didn't see any recommendations to.

Getting past the name hurdle was annoying, but it's done.  However, port
901 is still tied to Samba 2.2.7's smb.conf file, and I'd really like to
adjust that.  Either port 901 can reflect SWAT3, or maybe I could insert
port 902 somewhere and have it answer SWAT3's information.

Again, any ideas would be wonderful.  Most of the docs I see suggest
using SWAT, and I've already had to avoid it this long.

Eric