[Samba] XP Home and Samba? and: two network cards?

Donald Zajic donald.zajic at verizon.net
Sat Nov 1 14:29:10 GMT 2003

Markus, if you have applied the SignOrSeal registry hack, you should be
able to get your XP Home system to see Samba shares.  You will be
prompted for a user name and password to access these shares.

You will never get your XP Home system to become a member of your Samba
domain.  Since you cannot authenticate to the Samba domain using an XP
Home system, there are no credentials to send to Samba to verify
permissions to the share and you will have to provide a user name and
password to access them.

Don Zajic