[Samba] Security information missing

Antonio Ciorri aciorri at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 16:59:24 GMT 2003

We are running samba 2.2.8 on redhat linux kernel 2.4.20, our linux server
joined a PDC server runing win 2k SP2.
We share a FS from our linux server and mapped it from the PDC, everything is OK
so far, when we create a directory from the client that have the FS mapped and
try to see the security properties it shows all check boxes empty below next to
the "Advanced.." button it display a message saying "Additional permissions are
present but not viewable here. Press Advanced to see them." once we press
Advance all permissions are showed well.
What's preventing the permissions to be viewed from the security properties
window?.
I have seen that on samba 2.2.4 but only in some cases.
Thanks,
Antonio.