[Samba] Group Question For Samba

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Thu May 22 17:52:02 GMT 2003

Hello everyone.

I have a specific question regarding groups for Samba.
I currently have a RH 7.3 server running Samba 2.2.8a and OpenLDAP 2.0.27.

So far, i've been able to successfully add users and machines to the PDC
with out a problem. However, I have a question in regards to certain Groups.
Specifically, if I wanted to make sure all of the users I add to the Samba
PDC are part of the "Power Users" group that Windows 2000 comes with by
default, how would I specify that? Also, if I had a couple of users that I
need to make sure are part of the "Administrators" group, I would imagine,
I would need to set them up the same way as I do with the "Power Users"
group...

I'm wondering if I need to use NT 4.0 disk to install a policy editor of
some sort?
I've read that their are new features coming out with Samba 3.0 that will
help with this, but for the time being, what would be the best way to
manage and setup my users accordingly?

Thanks everyone.

Jason.

P.S. Reading through the How-to's right now.