[Samba] VERY VERY Strange problem with Samba Printers

David Soler beavies at punkass.com
Fri May 23 18:08:48 GMT 2003

Hello :),

I have a very strange problem with printers shared via Samba. My
configuration:

- A Samba 2.2.8 server under Red Hat 8 as PDC
- Windows clients 9x/NT/2000/XP

All work fine: The clients can log into the pdc, access to its
shares and printers... butt.... in some W2k/XP I realized that
when a samba printer is configured as the Default PRinter in windows,
MS ACCESS 2002 can't open the reports. Other programs crash when they try
to print.

 Buuuutt....if I configure 2 printers in the Windows Machine:
- Default printer = a local printer
- other printer = the samba printer

And then I select the samba printer manually when I want to print (ms
access reports for example) works well...

strange, huh?