[Samba] Cannot see any files in samba shares

Matt Yahna yahna at vni.com
Wed Mar 26 22:43:36 GMT 2003

I have installed Samba 2.2.8 on a Solaris 8 machine.  My compile options
were as follows:

./configure  --with-fhs --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --with-smbwrapper --with-syslog

My smb.conf is as follows:
[global]
        workgroup = <Our NT Domain>
        netbios name = MOJO
        server string = Samba Server v. 2.2.8
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = *
        log level = 2
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = 10.40.5.1
        hide dot files = No

[tmp]
        comment = Temporary Files
        path = /tmp

The server runs, I have run everything in DIAGNOSTIC.txt with no problems
except that running smbclient //mojo/tmp gets me connected to the server,
but there are no files through Samba (there are files in this directory).

Using a Windows 2000 box, I can open \\mojo\tmp, it asks for a username and
password, and it connects.  However, there are no files listed.

I am able to create files in this directory via windows, but can't see them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.