[Samba] Win2K access denied on shares from Samba PDC

Patrick Haggood codezilla at email.com
Wed Mar 26 22:39:00 GMT 2003

HAve looked in archive - can't find anyone with same error.  I have a samba 2.2.8 (just upgraded rpm) and am trying to give user access to their home dirs.  All are created using adduser (uname) and smbpasswd -a (username) (passwd) on samba.  During client login, I get a message about an error creating roaming profile.  I can map to the users home dir on the server, but any attempt to create or copy file to their home dir gives 'access denied'.  Security properties on Win2k browser all say 'Everyone' and 'root'.  LS on server shows user and group as the username for each directory. Directory permissions are as below:

drw-rw-rw-    3 dhoward2001 dhoward2001     4096 Mar 25 11:01 dhoward2001

What log file can I examine to figure out what's wrong?  I looked in individual machine log file and there's no share error messages.  My smb.conf for home is below:

[profiles]
        path = /home/ntprofile
        read only = No
        create mask = 0600