[Samba] Shares with long names not accessible from winNT...

Kai Blin kai.blin at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Mar 21 09:59:52 GMT 2003

On Friday 21 March 2003 10:50, Satish K. Pagare wrote:

> I am able to browse this share through win2k but not from winNT.
> But If I change the share name to [Satish] , basically a short name
> I am able to browse it thru winnt as well. Is this expected behaviour?

Indeed it is. Try running testparm with a long sharename. it'll tell you
btw, can't you put the description into description, and not into the share
name?

> Any workaround, solutions ?

See above.

HTH, Kai

--
Kai Blin 	Linux system administrator 	Tel: Ring-86592
Allgemeine Chirurgie 	Universitaetsklinikum Tuebingen

Alive without breath,
As cold as death;
Never thirsty, ever drinking,
All in mail ever clinking.