[Samba] Possible Bug?? (was: Win95 & Win98 - NOT WORKING - NT ,2000, XP are ok)

peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Thu Mar 20 07:07:36 GMT 2003

Thanks for the suggestion Raj.
I might try using an old backup copy of the conf file.
Don't know why this would work, but worth a shot anyway hey?
:-)
-peter.

"Raj Saxena" <rajan at ipisland.com> on 19/03/2003 07:20:09 PM

Hi,

I am not running it that way but one thing you can do is probably print
directly to your printer server? Do you have a jetdirect card in your
printer? It is a work around but this way you can have the 95/98 print jobs
get by till this is resolved.

I have noticed on two occasions where i have some really weird things
happening all to find out i had a corrupted smb.conf file. Go figure that
one but i used a back copy just to see if that would cure my problem and it
worked.

Hope this helps a bit.

Raj