FW: [Samba] backupexec

Rick Segeberg rick.segeberg at waterford.org
Wed Mar 19 00:36:07 GMT 2003

If you can see the server, but not shares, you most likely have not published any directories.  What version of the BE agent are you using?  I've noticed 4.6 works well (the install actually works well and will walk you through the setup to publish the directories to be backed up).  It's often easier to just publish root (but exclude /proc /tmp).  Also, I've found out that in the hosts file, you have to have the ip address of the server itself and of the backup server above the localhost entry.  I know this sounds dumb, but it works.

Here's my config (agent.cfg) in case it helps you:

name MYSERVER
export / as root
tell backupserver.mydomain.org
tell_interval 30