[Samba] Multiple Groups, Different Permissions problem

Rick Segeberg rick.segeberg at waterford.org
Wed Mar 19 00:50:25 GMT 2003

Looks like you're going to need to enable ACL support in both Samba and your linux kernel (if it's not already there).  This will most likely require a kernel patch and rebuild as well as recompiling samba (unless you happened to compile with that option the 1st time).  You can then use linux and/or windows tools to set the acl's.  Here's some places to start looking:

- the samba documentation
- acl.bestbits.at
- www.netmechanix.net/linux/samba/sambahowto1.html

Rick Segeberg