[Samba] Logon Script Doesn't

Bob Crandell bob at assuredcomp.com
Thu Mar 13 23:08:51 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've finally been dragged kicking and screaming into the wonderful world of XP.
I've been able to join a domain and login with the help of the docs on samba.org and
gleaning info from this list.  Google and I don't get along.

My question is How do I get the logon script to run when XP logs in?  Win 98 doesn't
have a problem running the logon script.

Here is part of the smb.conf:
[global]
        comment = Home based server
        server string = Samba Server v2.2.7
        netbios name = OciCat
        workgroup = CRANDELL
        security = server
        encrypt passwords = yes
        preferred master = yes
        domain logons = yes
        domain master = yes
        local master = yes

        logon script = %U.bat
        logon drive = H:
        logon path =
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g users -s /dev/false
-M %u

The batch files exist and are working with Win98.

I miss DOS.

Thanks