[Samba] Sync Linux <-> NT Domain passwords

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sat Mar 15 10:09:45 GMT 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:15:54 +1100
"Simeonidis, Steve" <SteveSimeonidis at ap.spherion.com> wrote:

|I've tried synchronising their passwords so when they change their
|Windows password it changes their
|Linux password, but unfortunately that doesn't happen.

Though I understand "unix password sync" will provide this functionality
(sync the unix password when the samba password changes), is there a
procedure to do the reverse (sync the samba password when the user's unix
password is changed)?

Someone mentioned earlier on the list that a script or alias could be used
to do this, would anyone care to elaborate??

What I am eventually looking for is a single sign-on functionality with
samba and how best to achieve it, would PAM help with this?

peace

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru