[Samba] Cannot access SWAT on Redhat 8.0

Sutto Zoltan suttozoltan at chello.hu
Thu Mar 13 21:49:33 GMT 2003

Hi!

You can not run swat as a service (chkconfig swat on)
Edit the following file /etc/xinetd.d/swat to look like this:
# default: off
#              to configure your Samba server. To use SWAT, \
#              connect to port 901 with your favorite web browser.
service swat
{
        disable = no
        port            = 901
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        only_from       = 127.0.0.1
        user            = root
        server          = /usr/sbin/swat
        log_on_failure  += USERID
}

after this start xinetd:
/etc/init.d/xinetd start

You can enable/disable services with the setup program. Run it as root.
All installed services are listed in the service menu.

Good luck.

Zoltan Sutto