[Samba] Thanks to John !

Kevin C McCarty kmccart6 at csc.com
Wed Mar 5 17:11:40 GMT 2003

Hello List,

A special thanks to Mr John Terpstra for helping me get back on the
straight and narrow with an install of Samba 2.2.5 on RH8 .

1)I needed to remember the installation is linux centric,  do the
permission's based on linux ........
2)I needed authorization to access the files, if you set " permission's to
''share",    make "share" the viable choice in globals ......
3)don't create smbpasswd as a directory       <dooohhh>
4)smbpasswd -a      <linux user>       on the command line
5) don;t do an old version        !
6) read more........before starting a hasty fix,,,
7)make sure DNS is updated----- not necessarily for Samba

I realize that 99% of you have done this successfully, and sorry to bend
the bandwidth with redundancy.   So drink a beer; Tiago, you drink a
cerveza and all have a good day/night.

Oh and someone should hire John, he really knows what he is doing.

Adios, ciao, cheers,

Regards--

Kevin McCarty
CCNP CCNA #CSCO10448370
Computer Sciences Corporation
Defense Sector

"Obstacles are those annoying little bumps that occur when you take your
eyes off your goals"

Henry Ford