[Samba] WINDOWS XP +SAMBA

Kurt Weiss input.maillists at kwnet.at
Sat Mar 8 08:16:28 GMT 2003

Alvaro Rosales R. schrieb:
> Hi Fellows I have a samba 2.4 PDC that works OK with win98 and
> win95 with clear text passwords enabled on them, but I have a
> Windows XP pro that joins the domain without problems (after
> changing the securesignor seal to 0, and enabled plain text

??????????????????????? %-/

> passwords in XP box)  but when I try to log in to my domain I get an
> unknown user or bad password error,  but If I ignore that error I can

did u mean: "i can access the shares of the domain, but if i try to join
the domain, i get a bad password error"?

as far as i know, w2k/xp does not support joining a domain with plain
password...
access over plain password is possible...

so, if u want to join the domain (not only access the server) - and i'm
not false - u have to use encrypted password - try to work thru
Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf from your samba package...