[Samba] Profiles - Slow logoff

richard rcoates at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 4 08:45:48 GMT 2003

> Everything seems to work fine but it takes an age to save settings when
> logging off.   What can I do (i.e. what would one normally do) to speed
> things up?  I do have a huge volume of files under ~/profile/My
> Documents  Will this affect the logoff time?
> Jim C.
Too right it slows it down, I have an alternative to the other posts.
Disable roaming profiles. To do this on XP pro run gpedit.msc ...then

enable : Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/User
Profiles/Only allow local user profiles.

there is another setting of interest as well:
Prevent roaming profiles uploaded to server........or similar.

Maybe there is a way to do this enmass....via a logon script?
hope this helps
Richard Coates.