[Samba] Profiles - Slow logoff

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Mar 4 05:57:38 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 22:52, Jim C wrote:
> > yep
> > the files have to be copied back and forth...
> >
> > I encourage my users to keep their files on the server and work on them
> > in place.  I redirect My Documents to their home directory on the
> > server.
>
> Do you do that with a link?
i think it's probably a link internally but
you can change the location of "my documents" to be wherever you want.
I just put it on a mapped drive

> > I also move mozilla's cache into their Local Settings folder
> > We use IMAP to reduce the amount of mail stored in the profile.
> > You could also increase the speed of your network...
> > note: this is not a samba specific problem
>
> Is it windows specific then?  I've never noticed it with Linux (LDAP/NFS).
linux doesn't do that whole profile thing...
so i guess in that sense it's windows specific
but really it's just copying files back and forth so there should be no
difference in file transfer speeds between linux and windows
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>