[Samba] initGrps.sh?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Jun 25 13:12:13 GMT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Thomas Angst wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> I asked you last weekend about the group problem, maybe you remember.
> I was 4 days under heavy pressure, so I couldn't make some more tests.
> Anyway, your answer looks like it is the solution to my question.
> If I understand this correctly, then will a w2k Machine accept users
> from the root group as members of the Administrators group? Is this correct?
>
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Administrators" unixgroup=root

Oddly enough, Administrators is not able to be used from a Windows client,
only domain groups can be. So that means that if you want to use the
Domain Administrator with root privilidge from MS Windows then you need to
set it to unix group root. ie: change the script below.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org