[Samba] delete user script is not working from usrmgr

robowarp at gmx.de robowarp at gmx.de
Tue Jun 24 15:23:41 GMT 2003

> Hi,
>
>   I am very new to Samba but I do know Solaris.  The /usr/sbin/userdel
> is expecting a username that is in the /etc/passwd file.  The -r is to
> delete the specified users home directory tree.  The %u is Samba"ese"
> designating the username but none of the shells in Solaris(ksh, csh, sh)
> know what %u is.  Am I making sense?  What I'm trying to say is that you
> can't mix up Samba variables in the Solaris command line interface.  I
> hope this helps!
>
> Spike

hi spike
sorry users in passwd is a "must have" for a samba pdc,
so userdel should work , after all user add works very fine , it creates
users in passwd and smbpasswd
i dont no why this simple script line doesnt work at my beta,
the user delete script line should only do this in reverse and as the logs
shows this is not an internal
linux problem (no entries in any syslog etc)
it seems depend to  somewhere in the samba code in my opinion.
i can not see the execute of userdel via smbd as in the man described,
i got the message not yet implemented in smb.log but  no one inform  me if
this is the state of beta or not.
any idea?
regards robo