[Samba] delete user script is not working from usrmgr

Spike Burkhardt burkhardt.richard at ssd.loral.com
Tue Jun 24 15:04:05 GMT 2003

Hi,

  I am very new to Samba but I do know Solaris.  The /usr/sbin/userdel
is expecting a username that is in the /etc/passwd file.  The -r is to
delete the specified users home directory tree.  The %u is Samba"ese"
designating the username but none of the shells in Solaris(ksh, csh, sh)
know what %u is.  Am I making sense?  What I'm trying to say is that you
can't mix up Samba variables in the Solaris command line interface.  I
hope this helps!

Spike