[Samba] Exec file incompatible with hardware

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Fri Jun 20 08:37:30 GMT 2003

Hi
yuo not write how architecture of new server is. Version of HPUX is not
significant.
If you compile any software, this must be compiled with libs and compilators
for your architecture(cpu...alfa/i386/...)and for OS.
First yuo instal proper compilers and libs and then make samba,but first run
configure then make.
Try new version 2.2.8a and read instruction for HPUX.

Bye.

At time of writing, the Makefile claimed support for:

A/UX 3.0
AIX
Altos Series 386/1000
Amiga
Apollo Domain/OS sr10.3
BSDI
B.O.S. (Bull Operating System)
Cray, Unicos 8.0
Convex
DGUX.
DNIX.
FreeBSD
HP-UX
Intergraph.
Linux with/without shadow passwords and quota
LYNX 2.3.0
MachTen (a unix like system for Macintoshes)
Motorola 88xxx/9xx range of machines
NetBSD
NEXTSTEP Release 2.X, 3.0 and greater (including OPENSTEP for Mach).
OS/2 using EMX 0.9b
OSF1
QNX 4.22
RiscIX.
RISCOs 5.0B
SEQUENT.
SCO (including: 3.2v2, European dist., OpenServer 5)
SGI.
SMP_DC.OSx v1.1-94c079 on Pyramid S series
SONY NEWS, NEWS-OS (4.2.x and 6.1.x)
SUNOS 4
SUNOS 5.2, 5.3, and 5.4 (Solaris 2.2, 2.3, and '2.4 and later')
Sunsoft ISC SVR3V4
SVR4
System V with some berkely extensions (Motorola 88k R32V3.2).
ULTRIX.
UNIXWARE
UXP/DS