[Samba] Exec file incompatible with hardware

Mauer, Lisa Lisa.Mauer at McKesson.com
Thu Jun 19 16:32:57 GMT 2003

Sorry if this is going to be one of those 'idiot' questions, but I don't
use Samba. It has always been on our server, chugging along beautifully
so no on ever had to touch it... Well, we consolidated servers and moved
everything to another server with HP-UX 10.20 (the previous server had
the same HPUX version so I thought I was in the clear), the samba
version is samba-1.9.18p2. I copied over the source and ran make, then
make install - during the make install I received these errors:

Installing codepage files in /usr/local/samba/lib/codepages
Creating codepage file /usr/local/samba/lib/codepages/codepage.437 from
codepage
_def.437
installcp.sh[23]: /usr/local/samba/bin/make_smbcodepage: Execute
permission deni
ed.
Creating codepage file /usr/local/samba/lib/codepages/codepage.850 from
codepage
_def.850
installcp.sh[23]: /usr/local/samba/bin/make_smbcodepage: Execute
permission deni
ed.
Creating codepage file /usr/local/samba/lib/codepages/codepage.852 from
codepage
_def.852
installcp.sh[23]: /usr/local/samba/bin/make_smbcodepage: Execute
permission deni
ed.
Creating codepage file /usr/local/samba/lib/codepages/codepage.932 from
codepage
_def.932
installcp.sh[23]: /usr/local/samba/bin/make_smbcodepage: Execute
permission deni
ed.
Creating codepage file /usr/local/samba/lib/codepages/codepage.866 from
codepage
_def.866
installcp.sh[23]: /usr/local/samba/bin/make_smbcodepage: Execute
permission deni
ed.
The code pages have been installed. You may uninstall them using the
command "make uninstallcp" or make "uninstall" to uninstall binaries,
man pages, shell scripts and code pages.

When I try and run a script we have that runs this command:
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D -l /var/adm/smblogs \
                          -s /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
/usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D -l /var/adm/nmblog.log \
                          -s /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf

I get this error:
./startsmb.sh[7]: /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd: Executable file
incompatible with h
ardware
./startsmb.sh[9]: /usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd: Executable file
incompatible with h
ardware

I realize we need to be off 10.20 and that this samba version is old,
but we have clients we need to support that still have old crud. The
10.20 can not be updated but Samba could be without a problem. I
actually tried to install samba-2.2.3a, but didn't have any luck. Like I
said I don't know Samba, so I apologize for the idiocy of my email :)

Thanks!
Lisa