[Samba] LAN Browsing shows IP Addresses instead of Computer Names.

Mega Spaz megaspaz2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 19 01:04:39 GMT 2003

hmm.... looks like I'm gonna do it how I did it before and just add the ip
address and computer name pairs in /etc/hosts and have my router assign
static ip addresses.  Thanks for all the suggestions.  you guys are great.

Although, I'd still like to know how MS Network Neighborhood does it.  I
don't want to set up my linux box as a server of any type since it's a
laptop and is often taken out of the network when I travel.  I mean let's
just say for the sake of argument, that i've got a linux machine and a
windows 98SE computer.  How does Network Neighborhood get the computer name
of my linux machine?  Since I'm know I didn't set up the windows computer
with any DNS or WINS server.  but i'll go with what works for both. Any
thoughts, please feel free to post 'em. =)

Sincerely,
Vince