[Samba] Win98 Printer problem with Samba PDC

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Fri Jun 13 13:06:01 GMT 2003

Hi,
I have a Samba 2.2.7 PDC running on a RH9.
The Windows 98SE clients get the user/permisions from the PDC server.
They can connect to the file shares with no problem. They can also get the
list of users from the PDC server.

In one Win98 PC, there is an HP LaserJet 1000 printer that is being shared.

The problem I'm getting is that the users sometimes can not print in
the printer. The network printer appears as "not conected"

Anyone know why the users can not connect to the Printer in the Win98SE PC?

Also,  in the log of the PC that is sharing the HP printer, I see this
errors:
[2003/06/13 07:37:12, 2] smbd/reply.c:reply_sesssetup_and_X(985)
Defaulting to Lanman password for userxxx
What does this "Defaulting to Lanman password " means?

Many thanks
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.