[Samba] Re: Re: pdf printer

Norman Zhang nzhang at arkon-group.com
Wed Jun 4 21:22:30 GMT 2003

Hi,

> I didn't add any other printer driver from W2K CD or from any 3rd party
> vendor. I first created pdfprinter.ppd by
>
>   lpadmin -p pdfprinter -E -v pdf:/var/tmp -m adist5.pdf
>
> then exported pdfprinter.ppd so Windows clients can download
>
>   cupsaddsmb -v pdfprinter
>
> Now NT/2000 can download the drivers no problem. But 9x/ME complains that
> they can't find pdfprinter.PPD. I think there's some subtle bugs in
linking
> the drivers for download, but I don't know where.

I found a workaround to the problem, for 9x/ME clients I use the Adobe
PostScript Installer to add my network printer rather than just click Add
Printer in Windows. Adobe PostScript Installer won't prompt me file not
found. I hope this is helpful to anyone who might experience this problem.

Regards,
Norman