[Samba] PDC and remote login

Deryk Robosson deryk at 0x0a.com
Tue Jun 3 08:17:54 GMT 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 04:04 pm, Glenn Robinson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Samba PDC sitting behind a Linux firewall/VPN server (using
> PoPToP).
>
> My remote users can log in to the VPN and they are assigned a local IP
> address in the same subnet as the local PC's and servers.
>
> I'd like these users to be able to log in to the Samba PDC domain when
> coming in via the VPN connection.
>
> How do I set up the client PC's (Win98 and 2000) to do this?
>
> I have DNS running internally and the Samba server is also running WINS.

pptpd currently authenticates via pppd using pap or chap and can handle being
able to be passed domain login usernames (see also poptop documentation) but
in order to authenticate via samba or your pdc directly, you will need to
patch pppd.  There was a discussion on this within the last week on the list
so check the archives.

--
Regards,
Deryk Robosson