[Samba] PDC and remote login

Glenn Robinson Glenn at Flying-Fields.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 08:04:13 GMT 2003

Hello,

I have a Samba PDC sitting behind a Linux firewall/VPN server (using PoPToP).

My remote users can log in to the VPN and they are assigned a local IP address in the same subnet as the local PC's and servers.

I'd like these users to be able to log in to the Samba PDC domain when coming in via the VPN connection.

How do I set up the client PC's (Win98 and 2000) to do this?

I have DNS running internally and the Samba server is also running WINS.

Thanks

Glenn