[Samba] Re: Mdk 9.1, samba-LDAP 2.2.8a/3.0b3 (LDAP) can't print to z53

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Tue Jul 29 10:56:29 GMT 2003

Nice telling subject, Jim. Exemplary. Kudos :-}

>I've not been able to get Samba to print to a Lexmark
>Z53. If I call it a Z52, the driver uploads (to
>where, I have no idea so I  can't check it) but I
>still can't get anything out of the printer.

If you dig deeper into Kurt Pfeiffle's opus, you may
find out that there is a procedure to be followed to
establisch default settings for a printer upon first
install on a client. You need to be the domain admin
to do it properly.

I hope your problem is as simple as that. But don't
despair if it isn't. you would probably have the same
problem with any other printer.