[Samba] srvtools.exe or nexus.exe

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Jul 26 19:44:59 GMT 2003

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 robowarp at gmx.de wrote:

> Hi,
> and there is still no valid answer why delete user script is not working
> by invoking from usrmgr. And dont tell me not all linux are equal bla
> bla....

Please cool down. There is no need to get heated over this. I saw
your bug report and it will be acted on. I have been away for the past 10
days and have not had internet access. The entire team is flat out trying
to get samba-3 ready for release. All bugs will be looked at before
shipping.

> on suse this script is /usr/sbin/userdel
> (im able to read man pages)
> and it worked perfect in former versions of samba.

It is broken so we will fix it.

> The problem the script is simply not executed if invoked by usrmgr.exe
> sorry for the hard word but my postings about that were ignored since month
> or answered by nonsense.

You assume too much. Your bug report puts this into a category where
someone has to make a decision. It would help if you had attached your
smb.conf file and a log file extract that shows the exact message. There
are a number of pathes into the code that deletes a user and the log file
extract makes clear what is going on.

> at last this is the only funktion i cant get to work trough all the betas of
> samba 3
> with different setups on different distros compilings etc.
> the log says this in not fully implemented yet.

Between alpha21 and rc1 a huge part of the user idmapping code has
changed. We could very well have broken things. There were several
unintended code reversion. These are all being fixed. So please be
patient.

> All i wanna know is , do you know this behaveour, are you working on it?
> I feel first time very helpless asking to lists , so i ve done it to
> bugzilla at samba.org perhaps some now sombody thinks trough this
> problem.

It's in the queue now. You will get feedback.

- John T.