[Samba] Unable to mount Windows 2003 Server shares from Linux RH 7.3

Yannick Cayer ycayer at 3WebMedia.com
Fri Jul 25 16:56:22 GMT 2003

Greetings,

I am trying, FROM a Linux Red Hat 7.3, to mount a share sitting on a
Windows 2003 Server and I am getting the following problems.

I had done this with a NT4 server and it was working fine.

I am trying to mount the following:

mount.smbfs //NT2003SERVER/share /mnt -o username=user,password=pass

At first, I was getting the following error:

cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and we have disabled it.
21739: protocol negotiation failed
SMB connection failed

I then added the following line to smb.conf

client signing = Yes

I reloaded and tried again I this time the share mounted but everytime I
would do an ls in it it would give me the following error:

First I would get this at the console:

SMB signature check failed!
SMB Signature verification failed on incoming packet!

Then while trying to do an ls command in the mounted dir:

ls: .: Stale NFS file handle

Can anyone help me with that? Or tell what I must do to successfully
access Windows 2003 shares.

Thank you