[Samba] Status of Samba3 Beta3

PHELPS, SCOTT SPHELPS at ridgways.com
Fri Jul 25 13:55:26 GMT 2003

OK I am a 2.2.8a/LDAP user and have thus far been very skeptical about
making the switch to Samba3.  I have seen inconclusive evidence of Beta
3's success rate from the postings since its release.  So my question
is...

Has anybody been able to get Samba3b3 to act as complete replacement for
their Windows or Samba2.2.8a PDC?  How about with an LDAP backend?  Is
it stable and bug-free enough for a mission-critical production
environment?

I've already set my sights on waiting for a final release candidate
before switching; however your feedback might convince me otherwise.

-- Scott