[Samba] Accessing Shares with WXP Pro

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Jul 24 23:53:52 GMT 2003

What are your security concerns? If you have none,
try in global:
guest account = ftp (assuming this user exists on your linux server)
and in your share put:
guest ok = yes

If you really really have NO security concerns, guest account = root
would be fine too.

About the user name. I believe windows always uses the name you logged in
with.

Joel