[Samba] Accessing Shares with WXP Pro

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Fri Jul 25 01:43:37 GMT 2003

You probably will be helped by "username map=" if you don't want to change
whatever your username is on the XP machine. This will easily allow you
map whatever the username on the XP machine is to whatever username you
want to be using to access the files on the Samba server. The format of
the username map file is UNIXUser = "Windows User" (a bit backward in my
opinion). Maybe "map to guest=" would be useful as well...

Also... for "valid users" under the [homes] share you have... does %S mean
"homes" or "username" in this case?

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630