[Samba] Accessing Shares with WXP Pro

James Bear james.s.bear at sendit.nodak.edu
Thu Jul 24 14:29:55 GMT 2003

Let me rephrase my question:

How do I access shares with WXP Pro.  I don't want to be part of a
domain.  I just want to be able to search for the server from the
computer, map a network drive to a share, and then life will be good.

With that said, right now I can find the server.  I can double-click it.
 But what comes up is a login box that only lets me put in a password.
 The username is already set to /servername/Guest

Here is my samba.conf:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2003/07/23 11:16:35

# Global parameters
[global]
    netbios name = WALDO
    netbios aliases = waldo
    server string = where is
    security = SHARE
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
    preferred master = Yes
    domain master = Yes
    dns proxy = No
    wins support = Yes