[Samba] PANIC: failed to set gid

Jeanne Schock techielists at regionalhelpwanted.com
Tue Jul 22 19:45:43 GMT 2003

Please see my post to the mailing list just yesterday on this very topic
with Subject "can't change user passwords from xp client machines."

I posted log excerpts with the same error, and my smb.conf.

No one has posted yet with any ideas as to what the problem is. I understand
that it used to work on my domain too some time ago, before I came on, but
it doesn't work now, and there has been no change to the smb.conf.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Jeanne Schock