[Samba] Disable roaming profiles samba-2.2.7a from RH8.0

Collins, Kevin KCollins at nesbittengineering.com
Tue Jul 22 15:32:56 GMT 2003

> I'm trying to definitely disable roaming profiles for my Windows 2000
> clients. I've got a PDC with redhat 8 and samba-2.2.7a. To
> achieve this I've commented out the line logon home & logon path. When I
                    ^^^^^^^^^

What you need to remember is that Samba _by_default_ will enable the roaming
profile setting (logon path) and you must tell it not to.  What I did on my
PDC is instead of commenting out the logon path directive I set it to
nothing, i.e.:

logon path =

It fixed my roaming profile issues.

Hope it helps...