[Samba] login script variable problem

David Baker dbaker at getnetworked.com
Tue Jul 22 15:33:31 GMT 2003

Good morning.  Let me start by thanking those of you who helped with my
first question posed to this group.

Now, I have a working PDC.  This is wonderful.  I have a problem with my
login script though.  I can't seem get the %u or %U variable to work.  I am
trying to map a drive letter via the login.bat script file for each user
that authenticates to the domain, however it seems to strip the % symbol
while running and gives an error that it can't find \\ntilinux\u
<file://ntilinux/u>  or \\ntilinux\U <file://ntilinux/U>  respectively.

I am running Red Hat 8.0, Samba 2.2.8 and a W2K workstation.

Can anyone help?  Thanks.

Copy of my smb.conf file
­­­­­­­­­­­­
[global]
workgroup = DOMAIN
server string = ntilinux
encrypt passwords = Yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/passwd
max log size = 0
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false -M %u
domain logons = Yes
os level = 65
preferred master = Yes
domain master = Yes