[Samba] Pseudo-GPO Support for Samba

Erich Vinson evinson at trginc.us
Fri Jul 11 15:13:00 GMT 2003

> I'm thinking of taking the approach of creating a "version tag" file
> in the windows system folder. If the "version" on the machine is
> different than the version of the startup script (since I don't change
> it all that often) I'll just pop up a warning message and force a log
> off of the account... that way if I install any software... or change
> any registry settings it will be good to go.

I think that's a great idea! That's far easier to script than an API
call, and possibly more effective.

>> In the meantime, I am going to put together a "plan" for the GPO
>> thing and will post to the list, probably tomorrow sometime.
>

> I'll be waiting patiently... :)

Dont you just hate meetings? The way they drag on and you have *real*
work to do? I will try to get to it today ;-)

BTW -- In the Win32 world I am proficient in VB and that's about it. The
setting registry settings is going to require a compiled program, and
I'd be happy to write it in VB (open-sourced and GPL'd of course :-D)
unless someone would prefer a dif. language?

--
Erich Vinson
Chief of Technology