[Samba] Can't access other workstations

James Harper JamesH at sbss.com.au
Fri Jul 11 00:05:17 GMT 2003

Hi,

Since upgrading to about 3.0alpha24 from alpha23, workstations in a
samba domain can't access shares on other workstations. They can access
the domain controller fine.

The workstations are XPsp1. they have all joined the domain without a
problem, although that was under alpha23. I have made the security
policy changes suggested, which is what allowed me to join the domain.

The errors I'm getting look like this (on the workstation with the share
I want to access).

[2003/07/11 09:56:20, 0]
rpc_server/srv_pipe_hnd.c:process_request_pdu(605)
  process_request_pdu: failed to do schannel processing.
[2003/07/11 09:56:20, 0]
rpc_server/srv_pipe.c:api_pipe_netsec_process(1340)
  Invalid auth info 68 or level 5 on schannel
[2003/07/11 09:56:20, 0]
rpc_server/srv_pipe_hnd.c:process_request_pdu(605)
  process_request_pdu: failed to do schannel processing.
[2003/07/11 09:56:21, 0]
rpc_server/srv_pipe.c:api_pipe_netsec_process(1340)
  Invalid auth info 68 or level 5 on schannel
[2003/07/11 09:56:21, 0]
rpc_server/srv_pipe_hnd.c:process_request_pdu(605)
  process_request_pdu: failed to do schannel processing.

All workstations are domain members.

Any suggestions?

James