[Samba] Opening MS Access files on Samba Server

Jean M. Vandette vandj at securenet.net
Thu Jul 10 23:33:57 GMT 2003

Greetings all,

We are running a samba server 2.23 on FreeBSD 4.8 and have
to open a .mdb file which nominally is no problem (we access the file with
our accounting
program and it is fine) however when I try to open it with MS access 2002
itself I get the error that
"the file is on an unsecured server or outside the Intranet copy the file
locally to access it blah blah"

Does any one have an idea what this is caused by and what the fix could be.

Thank you in advance

Jean M. Vandette

*SecureNet Information Services Inc.    100 Alexis Nihon Blvd., Suite 283*
*(514) 744-4242 Vox (514) 744-1552 Fax  St. Laurent, Quebec  H4M 2N7     *
********** Providing Quality Public Internet access since 1994************