[Samba] Samba across multiple Windows Domains.

Dan Am samba at lonx.net
Thu Jul 10 08:40:15 GMT 2003

Hi,
Am Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2003 09:56 schrieb Vijay Kumar:

> Do I need to add one more vitual IP address ?
Yep, exactly: ifconfig eth0:0 <your.virt.ip>

> Can I have two domains ( Domains a and Domain B ) with the same IP Address
Not that I know.

You need two completely seperate smbd's with two conf-files.
You can call them with smbd -s /your/conf/file. You might want to add another
startscript.

So :

/etc/samba/smb.conf.domain.A:
> workgroup = DomainA
> netbios name = cvsbkup
> interfaces = eth0 OR interfaces = <your.first.ip>
bind interface only = yes <--- must be set

/etc/samba/smb.conf.domainB:
> workgroup = DomainB
> netbios name = cvsbkup
> interfaces = eth0:0   OR interfaces = <your.second.ip>
bind interface only = yes

Bit of a hack, but worth it I suppose.

HTH

Dan